Saturday, September 11, 2010

What Do You Want....And How Bad Do You Want IT?

Since I am a personal trainer by trade I say this alot!!! People come to me wanting to fit into a pair of jeans, get rid of the muffin top, the saddle packs or just get into better shape so they can do more. They come to me with great intentions because they know it is what is best for them; but by the end of the first month their motivation has done a complete nose dive and they sink back into what is easy and comfortable...What do I say to them when they say "well I just haven't had the time to commit", or "I am just having trouble getting motivated"...Well my response is "What do You Want and how bad do You want it?" If you want something bad enough you WILL get it so lets go stop the excuses and get what you want..no it isn't easy...but change the way you think about the process and enjoy it...don't look at it like work...look at it for what it is...ESSENTIAL to YOUR WELL BEING!
So what do you need to do to get into your best shape..first of all it is not just one thing, it is holistic...You need to include strength training, Cardiovascular training(anything that gets your heart rate up for a continuous period of time), stretching, and meditating, eating good clean nutrient dense food, positive self talk all the time, improve your mind power and...YOU WILL BE YOUR BEST EVER I GUARANTEE IT, but you have to want it and you have to work at it
Strength training, I recommend to start 3-5 days per week training muscle groups on alternating days
Cardio- 5-6 days per week
Stretching 7 days a week to keep your muscles long, lean and flexible so you don't end up all hunched up and tight; which, will end up in an injury of some kind.
Meditating: every day morning and night- if you don't know how see one of my older posts on manifesting
Eating: Try to buy organic fruits and veg..eat fruit in the am(due to sugar content) and veg in the afternoon, try to avoid heavy meals full of starchy carbs combined with a heavy protein source.I am vegan and I have never felt better but that is a progression.
If motivation, or you don't know what exactly to do..hire someone..I am sure you blow money on plenty of unnecessary  things each month...this is an investment in YOU and it is worth it trust me I know.
OK what are YOU waiting for Get Started NOW!!!YAY YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment