Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Testiment To The POWER of The MIND

If we look at our own lives we can come up with a thousand stories to validate the ultimate power of will....Well, here is just one of my thousand and believe me I am being modest with that figure.
3 months ago my dad was in a near fatal car accident..believe me a call you do not and are never prepared to receive. I am not exaggerating when I say near fatal and let me describe the accident and the aftermath for you. He was hit on the highway by a 3/4 tonne truck- he was driving a mid size car, after being struck by the truck a tractor trailer unit clipped him from behind..they had to extract him from the car using the jaws of life..and looking at the car...it was unbelievable that he survived.His injuries were severe...13 broken bones, part of his ear torn right off, head injuries, he was in a coma for 16 days...It was very traumatic for my family, everyday we would go up and talk to dad..day and night we took turns. Then he woke up...he wasn't with it though and didn't recognize us for a while and he spoke a lot of nonsense..it was hard; But, he improved...and then he said I want to go home..well at this point he couldn't walk, he still didn't make much sense, he was incontinent and totally dependent on assistance for everyday functions...we would say well you have to improve your strength, eat by yourself...well he would get FURIOUS with us...everyday he would say can I go home today...and everyday we would have to tell him the same thing...then he started saying "I AM going home tomorrow" repeat....hello ground hog day...Then he said "I am going home in 2 weeks"..his DR. thought he would never go home...but everyday for the next 2 weeks he just kept saying "HOME" and he got better and better...he even tried to escape one night, which just about set him back as he couldn't walk on his own yet and fell on the floor. Well that didn't deter him though...and forward he went saying "HOME"...jump to 2 weeks....We took my dad home..much to the amazement of all...he was told he was a miracle...I say power of the MIND...This is the strongest man I have ever known...he has a will like no other to be with his family...because a year prior to this accident...we were in the hospital saying our goodbyes to him as he was having an extremely risky operation to remove a cancerous lymph node from a cluster of blood vessels by his heart and the medical staff didn't know if he would make it....obviously he did...
My Sister, ME, My Dad and My cousin

No comments:

Post a Comment